Skip To Main Content

Header Holder

District Canvas Container

Horizontal Nav

Breadcrumb

About

Ritter Elementary School was named in honor of Michael Ritter, an early settler, and the small suburb named after him, Rittersville. The building was an outgrowth of a meeting between citizens and the school board, welcoming its first pupils in 1925. In 1955, four classrooms and a cafeteria were added to accommodate the expanding student population.
‚Äč
In 2007-2008, two additional classrooms were added by converting existing space into classrooms. The two-story building contains a 550-seat auditorium-gymnasium combination, 22 classrooms with networked and internet-accessible computers, teacher work stations, an ESL room, health room and cafeteria that can feed 150 students at a time. The playground area received a new play structure in fall 2008 to help meet the physical needs of Ritter’s students.